Google's fast and stable web browser
The war for the control of the browser market was waged for a long time by Microsoft and Mozilla, with Internet Explorer and Firefox as their greatest weapons. And this battle continued until Google barged in to offer us Google Chrome and turn it into the undeniable web browser leader.
The secret of its success
Google intended to apply three basic principles to its product: simplicity, speed and stability. That's how it has become a high-performance browser without any complications for the user thanks to its minimalistic design, being the first browser to incorporate concepts as interesting as the independence of processes opened in tabs. On the other hand, its minimum data consumption makes it incredibly fast when it comes to loading any web page.
- High speed when it comes to starting up and loading pages, as well as when launching different actions.
- Simple design that provides a better tab management.
- Integrated PDF document viewer.
- Tabs open during the last session will load automatically.
- Integrated searches from Omnibox.
- Predictive text to search and type in URLs.
- Security notifications for webs that may jeopardize the computer.
- Test area to avoid installing malware.
- Privacy control by configuring your settings and incognito mode.
- Assorted customization options by installing applications, add-ons and themes.
- Customized configuration by signing in as a user.
- Integrated language translator.
- Download manager.
- Compatibility with the main web standards.
A window to Google's universe
We're not talking about a simple browser as it also allows us to sign in as a user of Google's services. This means that we'll have access to and integration with this company's tools and utilities, such as Google+, Maps, Play Store or Drive. But furthermore, as an additional feature, signing in as a user allows us to have our bookmarks, applications, history and other settings wherever we want or need.
The fastest and most stable web browser.
An example of simplicity
And if we want simplicity and easiness when it comes to browsing, referring to Chrome is a must. All the elements of its design have been duly studied, removing outdated controls and adapting all its functions to a much faster and intuitive browsing experience. For example, the toolbar, search bar and address bar have disappeared to integrate into Omnibox, space from where we can carry out any action.
If you want to make the most of your Internet browsing experience, just download Google Chrome.
Changes to the latest version
- Corrects the visualization of icons in Linux.
- This download requires an Internet connection to complete the installation.
One of the best browsers for your Android device
Chrome iPhone 42.0.2311.47
Google's browser for iPhone